Heat Shield is an advanced indoor climate and heat stress monitor that includes globe temperature, wet bulb temperature, dry bulb temperature and relative humidity and displays on-line WBGT indoor & outdoor index, Heat Index and Humidex. Thanks to its built-in radio technology, Heat Shield can support up to two satellite units to calculate WBGT at different levels (ISO 7243: 1989) or in different locations. When equipped with the anemometer, the unit can measures the quantities needed to calculate additional ISO indexes for thermal comfort – Predicted Mean Vote (PMV), Predicted Percent of Dissatisfied (PPD) – or heat and cold stress – Predicted Heat Strain (PHS), Insulation Required (IREQ), Duration Limit of the exposition (Dlim).
- Quick, reliable and accurate assessment of indoor and outdoor WBGT index.
- Additional Heat Index, Humidex index calculation.
- Support for ISO7730 thermal comfort analysis with PMV-PPD indexes, heat and cold stress Predicted Heat Strain (PHS), Insulation Required (IREQ).
- Built-in radio technology for simultaneous, wireless monitoring in different locations/heights.
- Rated IP54 to withstand harsh environmental conditions even outdoor.